Tuesday 11 January 2011

The Continued black-out from SI on plans and lack of positivity on the future

I have been trying to stay away from the forums more recently- particularly the Subbie one- but, when I need to look at them to keep up to date with changes, this is difficult. They are awash with negativity but very little rebuttal from SI. This then spreads to the GW’s and, to be honest, to me a little. The lack of SI comment fuels chat of the game being in turmoil, on its last legs, considering reset pending FMO being rolled out in Europe etc. etc. wibble. etc…  

I want to defend the game, I want to refute comments- just by nature this is my starting point as I like playing the game and, although accepting there are some poor areas, would rather it succeed than slate it constantly like some of the imbeciles- but there is nothing I can refer to from SI that holds weight in an argument, as they have said little (Referring to a post made months ago about there being no reset doesn't begin to reason with some people...but I wonder what would....)

I appreciate it takes time out from other tasks, but keeping the positivity and support is imperative for the long term of the game. SI may feel that a blanket ‘no comment’ is a good route but, really, they need to revisit this stance.

Just looking at the Subbie forum today we have titles such as:

The Restart is near :)  (Just say it isn't.... unless I missed a memo)
The somalian cheaters  (Say something.... other than the unspoken 'its fixed now... please forget the issues this has caused')
Manual  (More clarity needed for some time)

.... that are asking either pertinant questions or ones that need to be clarified asap to dispel the negativity.
Then you have the ones either trying to be productive, needing clarification as to why it can't happen or just nice for some comment to offer positivity:

Fast Paced GW.  (Yes/No?)
Fmlive legends  (acknowledge those that put time in....)
Request: Seperate 'real' mail from 'spam' mail  (A valid suggestion... yes/no, acknowledge it)
Suggestions for new features  (More ideas, valid or not, with time taken to post...)
2000 user gameworld?  (Is it possible, I think not, but say so)

etc. etc. etc...

I remember the plethora of posts when RP's were installed. The dozens of good ideas that were taken time over, offered in good detail and then completely ignored. I guess an argument is that these suggestions could be made in Beta Forums, but not all are on Beta and why duplicate?

If people get no feedback = they stop posting ideas

I would suggest a sticky at the top, effectively a general Q & A. Collate quotes, comments, gems of wisdom from SI Devs/Staff, which would be a reference point for both new managers to look at, but also managers to refer others to if they keep asking the same inane questions- to refer though, you need comments to refer to... I may suggest this, so over to SI....


No comments:

Post a Comment