Thursday 9 September 2010

**Its very Official** I spend way too much of my time playing FML.

I was playing the other night and even felt I had to finish an Email on Valderrama before succomming to my wife's demands on my body..... don't worry, it was only a paragraph, and only took a couple of minutes to finish (the paragraph), but, all the same...

Even stranger still, it was all part of a reply due to some managers being pissed with things on the GW- and others just thinking their inert attempt to string words together constituted cerebral arguments against logic- I don't mind constructive argument, that is how things get improved, but negative jibber is tiresome and destructive.

It just got me wondering why? What is the attachment? I have a 'Real' life. I have real friends that I can touch and converse with- with the touch part, I mean they were real, not imaginary friends, my mates would never let me randomly touch them. Then again, most of my mates aren't willing to sit in front of a PC for a few hours at a time deciding whether to pay an imaginary £4mil for an imaginary player to play in an imaginary team.

I remember on the late Champ Managers and all the FM's thinking it would be great to play the game against other people- I used to link up for old C & C games until the Play Stations overloaded, and just wanted to sample that competition on the most realistic football management game.

I suppose its the challenge. You know you are playing 'real' people elsewhere in the world, who also think they know what they are talking about when it comes to football management. Not only that, you can chat to them about the aforementioned imaginary player and deal.

My wife thinks its irrational and geeky- but she hates anything that requires any kind of programming during its manufacturing. My kids used to like to watch, especially my daughter who played some matches and made game decisions with me- but at 7 years old, and some of the swearing on the GW, I have had to restrict this.

Utter ramblings... but when Civ comes out soon, my FML time may finally be strained to the point where I log-in for normal lengths of time. Maybe that new option may cut the addition.... scary thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment