Thursday 17 February 2011

New Subbie in Nunez :-O

After being able to source 4 x 4 month box sets, I decided to set up a new account elsewhere.

After chatting with several people I decided on Nunez. There is a vibrant community on Valderrama and, despite what other GW’s might desperately pontificate, I find it difficult to see how another GW might be as good. With this in mind I’m trying Nunez and they often state it’s a great community so I can judge that claim- and I know a few people there so I can get some good loans in!

To be honest, it was the best bit of player analysing I have been able to do since I originally joined in March 2009- shield-less I had no PC’s, no chat to look at, nothing to approve and start and no Emails to reply to…. loved it.

On first sight I certainly saw little evidence of the great starter players that have been lauded on the forums- although I have no issue with them for starter teams as they are some way behind in Skills, Money, Stadia, Rep, YA’s and Income already. That said, Nunez is a RS GW and it seems that Fantasy GW’s are more likely to have some of them.

Got several good players all the same (compared to my original Valderrama starting pool anyway). I’m hoping a few managers in Nunez feel the same way and offer me silly money for a couple- I really see it as a big help for new teams, and perhaps vital.

Whether this is fair on longer term managers in Nunez..... well, if they have had x-months head start on me with the aforementioned (Skills, Money, Stadia, Rep, YA’s and Income) then me being able to sell a few players for a £mil or two (fingers crossed) shouldn’t offer them serious problems. If it does, they really need to either look at the way they have set their team up or relish the challenge to show the noob his ‘place’. I always tend to work on a '10 months to get to the top' system anyway.... so care less regardless!

Not sure how much time I will spend in there yet (as Valderrama always takes priority) but if I can work out how to set up a couple of clients at the same time I will have total chance to screw this up….

No comments:

Post a Comment