Monday 28 February 2011

Wage Auctions... sleeping is for wimps.

You know that feeling.... within an hour (or few) of a Wage Auction to end, you have a bid in and just have to wait up.

I could never, whilst retaining any kind of credibility in the 'real world', explain this to people I have met in the flesh & even *SHOCK* touched, but way too often I have stayed up till stupid-o-clock just to SEE that I have won an auction......     I say won, I mean fretted over which arse might jump in and steal the player, that I don't own, off me.

It seems, if only in my small mind, that if you stay awake to see the WA in, you are able to ensure the player becomes yours. I'm not entirely sure the process for this, and whether as well as morale SI have factored in desperation of managers into the ME, but  there I was doing it again last night.

It was around 10:30pm, I popped back onto Valderrama for 15 mins and this (because I was so keen to guide my WA target- a nice 4.5* PA yoof- into the Spartacus harbour) resulted in my eventually getting to sleep at around 1:30am.

That's not the whole story. Sleep was 01:30am, but the wage auction finished at 12:00am. You see, it's not enough to just sign them. You have to play the buggers too. Gaze upon their Atts and ponder the way tactics might work with them (or, in my case, with any player I own). Add in the Lag of 15 minutes from auction end to player arriving and the time mounts up.

Today= knackered (and completely negating the previous relaxing weeks Annual Leave).



I remember doing a nutty one on Zola.... staying up till 4am just to see the great Francesco Metti safely home.

Bloody stupid, tiring FML addiction. Now at work during lunch trying to summon the energy not to leave the office at 3pm and sleep in the car for an hour before I go home.

Like I said, you couldn't explain this to a 'real person'. They would look at you and consider you some sort of mentalist that pokes at snakes with a short stick just to see if they are deadly poisonous.

Regardless, I won the player. He is mine.... and anyone that tries to take him from me will need to stay up late for him.

1 relaxing week away to Ireland and then 3 late nights on FML... has anyone got a couple of aspirin or a weapon of some kind to kill people with... I'm shattered.

2 comments:

  1. Haha a very relatable post :) Just goes to show that for all the complaining we do about FML there is plenty of good and addictive stuff here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, much of the negativity is the urge for endless potential to be realised 'NOW'... but it does appear slow sometimes.

    Left office at 2:55... just couldn't wait it out any longer :p

    ReplyDelete