Thursday 7 April 2011

Feed me with stats, pies and scotch!

As is clear from previous posts, I have no particular issue with morale, just with the ability to know why my team is playing bad. Is it morale, form, tactics, shouts, players, luck.... I just don't feel equiped enough yet to analyse games better.

Then I remembered a post from Marshall a few months ago linking suggestions: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/225375-More-match-analysis-tools-in-FML
 (post #15)

- it is over 2 months ago, so it was when Cynet was more positive :p





Anyway, I love it. It seems to offer all you might want (immediately anyway… before we imagine up more intricate details) in the way of match analysis, explanation of a lot of match queries we have, opens the immediate analysis of the game up to hardcore and casual and seems to answer a lot of the ‘why’ questions.

Some of this could be answered now by studying match after match, but even then so many (including me) aren’t sure if the luck/morale/form aspect is the real factor. This can negate that to an extent.

I don’t want an assistant manager telling me who to watch, who to mark or what formation to use. I just want to be able to analyse the information. Some people have said that they like the simplicity of FML over the stat driven mass of FM2011. I can empathise with that, but with these kinds of tools you can choose to use them, or not. Dissect them at your leisure and implement at your pleasure. Or just use gut feeling instead of looking deeper.

Win win win win win.

No comments:

Post a Comment