Tuesday 29 March 2011

1.7 Huzzaarr... *ponders*

Obviously I have no inside information but the last time I remember SI being this quiet on the forums I seem to feel that it was just before an Upgrade (I reflected at the time that they must need to steel themselves for the abuse they get post upgrade, and the work on bugs that may appear).

I looked last week and Bertie hadn't posted for a couple of weeks, Paul once in a week or so, Rb hadn't been that active and Ov hadn't posted since the end of Jan. No idea where Duffy has gone, PaulC was manning the barracades on the ME thread and Ben was manfully dealing with the Bugs thread. All in all, forum skeleton staffing.

As posted before, I want them more active, but have wondered whether this is really a sign of 1.7 being close. SI have gone all The Third Man on us over recent months, but is this the rest before the chaos?

Where so many good suggestions historically came from the forums, and ideas built upon, too many of the threads have recently been created by moany tools with no concept of 'balance'. I'm hoping SI come back strong after this unnanounced break- because if they don't, the forums lose their main purpose. Creation.

1 comment:

  1. So well said... I m in your side as well man. Hoping....

    ReplyDelete