Thursday 21 October 2010

Grrrrr..... Lag... ffs

Hopes were lifted.... '...a large fix has gone in and should aleviate a lot of the lag' they said. 'There was a problem over the weekend so try tonight (Tuesday)' they said.

So I did. And prune me with pliars and call me bramble bush, it seemed better on Tuesday. A few others commented on spikes- I had a couple- but in the main, for the first time since reset, I felt relatively lag free.

Then last night arrived..... and, yep, it was like a stray bogey. You thought it had been picked, but it was really hanging from your philtrum to impact you later on....

Delays waiting for the wording of mails to appear, some matches (if started at the time of a lag spike) could take 20 seconds to log into, searches and parameters setting taking ages to both be changed and then appear on the screen- Its not The Double (Circa 1989-90) where one weekends worth of ZX Spectrum results could take 20 minutes to be processed, but its certainly not the speed expected in 2010 either.

I know a lot of people aren't getting it, and for that they should be eternally pleased, but with the Valderrama body count down to around 850, losing new, or old, subs due to lag is just careless.... expecially when it has been mentioned for 7 months now.

I fecking hate lag.... almost as much as I hate irresponsible bankers and the EU commission- Now thats a high level of hate...

No comments:

Post a Comment