Monday 25 October 2010

Morale is low...

Morale is currently top of my FML annoyance agenda (along with lag which, fingers crossed, seems less painful over the last 2 nights)

Morale... hmmm.... Its just completely uncontrollable outside of games.

Lose=  low morale= lose more= low morale= lose Ad infinitum

How the hell do you break that cycle? At least in FMxxxx you can influence outside of games, see how players respond to your team talks and give press conferences which have an impact of sorts. In FML, just the crappy team talks.... I hate them and have no idea if they work or not... are players affected? Who knows? They must do, but how?

The results suggest that whilst I am trying to say 'Good luck lads' thay are interpreting it as 'You are all gash, go out there and lose for double your wages'. I tried the 'Your performance is disappointing' at half time and I was lifted by the players deciding that this meant they should all do Phil Neville impressions. Again, who knows? Without feedback, this element of the game is pointless- all pretty disappointing when having some sort of influence over morale has been mooted by the forum noises for some time.

Look, I know I can drop players with low morale. Rest them and their morale improves, it seems. Although this is an option, on this limited occasion, I agree with many on the forums moaners when I feel this is unrealistic. Rooney may be resting at the moment, but thats only because he is tired after screwing his 2nd pensioner in the last year (poor old Fergie). Aside from that, Torres has been awful for Liverpool, but still played, VDS's confidence would be low at Man Utd but he still plays, Bent missed sitters for Sunderland the other night but still plays.... thats the way it is. My better players are on low morale, how many games would you like me to drop them for?

Oh well.... the 1.6.5.1 (or whatever) fix is out this morning. I look forward to getting home this evening and finding a whole bunch of Happy Smiley People (holding hands).... but suspect its just because they were playing with the damned superglue again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment